Thursday, September 2, 2010

Swirling


I must be swirling through a blur
Staggering sideways after all the spinning

Things must be roiling all around me
Maybe I saw heaven from every side

Swimming strongly or is it the current?
Going crazy just making sense

Standing upright, floating upside down
Falling softly from all directions

Fading off in those cool shadows
Turning upwards with the school of fishes

I think I twirl as I am gliding
There is no real sense that I am falling

My mind is clear though we are whirling
Remaining focused on the past unfurling

Through it all in this gentle swirling
In eddy resting and vortex yearning

Bobbing calmly in their wakes
Building with the clouds to rain

Sliding down this swell that’s curling
Achieving much through simple swarming

I might be part of something bigger
But quite alone when at last it’s over

My thoughts merge with this cat’s purring
In snowfall patterns there can be no hurry

I no longer fear this constant blurring
Losing focus need not bring on hurting

I go on swirling through things moving
Holding on? Who can I be fooling?

No comments:

Post a Comment